PQ magazine is for part qualified accountants.
Read the latest web issue here – if you like what you see sign up today
Sign up for our one-day conference…
06 October 2017
What future skills will you need to be a successful accountant? The landscape is ever-changing, so PQ magazine decided to get together with London South Bank University to try to provide some of the answers!
We have a fantastic day planned for anyone who can come along to our one-day FREE conference on 23 November. Yes, it’s totally free, we are too good for you.
On top of a key note address from the ACCA’s Alan Hatfield we are planning a panel discussion on ‘accounting for extinction’. Don’t worry we think you have a future!
In-between we have a whole series of break-out seminars that should have something for everyone (see below). This should also be a fantastic networking opportunity – we are expecting 250 delegates!
If you want to come along then go to
and drill down to 23 November
TITLE: The Future of accountancy: Success in a changing world
VENUE: Keyworth Centre, London South Bank University, London SE1 6NG
DATE: Thursday 23 November
TIME: 9.00 registration 9.30 start – networking 16.45 -18.30
1) Welcome to the cloud – this is your future, embrace it!
5) Big data – who owns it and how General Data Privacy rules will work
9) Making Tax Digital
LET’S GET TECHNICAL
2) Crowd funding/Intellectual Property
6) Money laundering
10) IFRS 15 & 16 – your standard update
3) The apprenticeship landscape - so where are we now?
7) Coaching & mentoring - mental health, wellbeing & resilience
11) The changing skill set – what will you need
OWN YOUR CAREER
4) Creating a personal brand & your digital profile
8) Forget being headhunted – you need to know what employers want. We will also look at the shifting skills landscape.
12) Setting up your own business
BIG PANEL DISCUSSION: Accounting for extinction!
Subscribe to RSS