PQ magazine is for part qualified accountants.
Read the latest web issue here – if you like what you see sign up today
Make the most of the ICAEW learning materials on offer
ICAEW has a vast array of online resources to help you get a pass
You have the ICAEW published study manuals and question banks, reviewed and approved by ICAEW examiners, and have everything you need to pass your exams. But there are so many more resources available online.
ICAEW is here to support you throughout your studies and ensures that all of the resources available to you are up-to-date, helpful and relevant. So here is an overview of our online resources:
• Syllabus and technical knowledge grids: These list the learning outcomes for each exam and describe what and how you will be assessed.
• Skills development grids: The grids show the professional skills developed in each exam as you progress through the syllabus. This highlights skills such as interpretation and analysis, professional scepticism, communication, and commercial insight that you develop in your ACA training.
• Errata sheets: If any errors within the study manuals or question banks for any exam are brought to our attention, we will publish an errata on our website for all students to access.
• Certificate Level sample exams: These will provide you with the exact format and functionality that you will see in your Certificate Level exams.
• Certificate Level sample papers: Sample papers show the weighting and types of questions you can expect.
• Past exams and mark plans: For all the Professional and Advanced Level exams, you can download past exams and their mark plans. The mark plans include comments from the examiner, providing guidance and feedback for you to use in your studies.
• Study guides: The study guides take you through the study manual and detail where specific learning outcomes are covered.
• Useful articles and advice: Each exam has advice and hints and tips from the examiners to help you pass your exams.
• Webinars: To help you successfully prepare for your upcoming exams, ICAEW tutors have recorded webinars for each exam of the ACA.
• Professional Level computer-based exams: The Professional Level exams have started to move to computer. Audit and Assurance and Tax Compliance are now computer-based only and, from September 2017, Financial Accounting and Reporting and Financial Management will also move to computer. Access the computer-based exam guidance and support including an exam guide, six short webinars, sample exams and question banks within the new software.
Each year these online resources are updated alongside the learning materials. These updates reflect changes in the syllabus, legislation, finance acts and financial reporting standards. ICAEW will also include any changes to the type of questions you can expect to see. So it is important that you use the correct edition of the online resources and learning materials giving you everything you need to get that pass!
Explore all of these resources at icaew.com/examresources
• Thanks to the ICAEW for this article
Reproduced with the permission of ICAEW, this article was first published in Vital (April 2017).
Subscribe to RSS