PQ magazine is for part qualified accountants.
Read the latest web issue here – if you like what you see sign up today
11 May 2018
The ACCA has restructured its global markets, moving from five to six key portfolios:
* There will be a new portfolio of Greater China, bringing together its Hong Kong and ACCA China teams.
* The move also sees the creation of a new ASEAN and ANZ portfolio, which reflects more closely the markets in the ASEAN economic community.
* MENASA becomes Middle East and South Asia – MESA.
* Sub Saharan Africa becomes Africa, which will cover all of Africa apart from Egypt which remains in MESA.
* Emerging markets includes a varied portfolio of countries where demand for the profession is growing, such as Afghanistan and Turkey.
* Europe & America, including the ACCA’s key markets of the UK and USA.
ACCA executive director – markets, Steve Heathcote, said: “This year ACCA is celebrating reaching a landmark of 200,000 members, but we are not standing still. Our strategic ambition is to be #1 in developing the accountancy profession the worlds needs. Our new market portfolio structure recognises that ambition.”
Subscribe to RSS