PQ magazine is for part qualified accountants.
Read the latest web issue here – if you like what you see sign up today
A complete approach to audit
CIPFA and ICAS launch ground-breaking integrated qualification for auditors
Combining the unrivalled expertise and standing of both the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) and the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), this integrated qualification model, which will be launched in September 2015, will meet the evolving needs of both the public and corporate audit sectors.
• The qualification reflects the evolution of the audit environment and the mixed economy, where public services are increasingly commissioned through private sector contracts, by providing experience to practise across both sectors.
• It reflects radical changes made to public sector audit in the past few years with the abolition of the Audit Commission and the introduction of a new public sector audit regime.
• Dual designation from both institutes – Chartered Accountants (CA) and Chartered Public Finance Accountants (CPFA) – as well as the award of the qualifications for company audit and public audit.
• The integrated qualification has a flexible delivery model that can be delivered face-to-face, or as a blended model through the use of technology.
• Ideal for those practising in both public and private environments.
• The integrated qualification is suitable for those working or wanting to work within this expanding mixed public/private sector environment.
Fast track routes
Building on the joint relationship, fast track routes have been established for CIPFA members who wish to build on their Chartered Public Finance Accountant status to become Company Audit Qualified and for ICAS members who wish to build upon their Chartered Accountant status to become Public Audit Qualified. Members from both bodies will be required to take three modules and demonstrate a set number of days of audit experience.
This route can be completed in as little as 12 months.
• For more on this qualification visit www.cipfa.org/iqa or contact Ann Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Daniels at email@example.com
[«all Career Advice]
Subscribe to RSS